We returned to the motel tired and sunburned. I was hungry and wanted to have a nice meal. We consulted Trip Advisor, and decided to try a restaurant called Kicks on Route 66 Bar and Grille. It was a sit-down white table cloth restaurant that was supposed to have very good food.
We ordered our food, and waited for quite a while. Then a busload of French students arrived. I know they were French because they were speaking in French. They were at that age where the girls have reached physical maturity, but the boys have not, so I would guess they were around 8th or 9th grade. They were very loud and giggly, and their chaperon had to translate everything for them. Finally our food arrived, and it was actually quite good. Then it took them forever to bring the check. Finally we got the check, and left.
It probably would have been a better experience if there had not been a French invasion. I'm sure a lot of the delay was due to the large number in the restaurant all at once.
The motel, The Lodge on 66, was small, but nice. The breakfast was quite good. The bed was comfortable. If you are looking for something cheap and clean, I would recommend it. I've noticed on this trip that if you stay near parks, the price of hotels jumps dramatically, but if you stay an hour or more away, it is quite affordable.
No comments:
Post a Comment